To create an Applicant Account with Thalamus, you must be invited to interview with a residency or fellowship program.
- You will receive an email from Thalamus providing a unique token code to create a profile. This code will link you to the "Create a Profile" page at https://app.thalamusgme.com
Note: Once an account has been created this token code will expire.
- The "Account Creation" module will appear. Enter your information into the required fields.
Note: The AAMC ID # (8-digit number) is required as a security check. This is not USMLE ID, NRMP ID or SF Match ID. Most AAMC IDs start with the number 1.
- Once all required information has been entered, the "Create Account" button will become available. Select "Create Account" to continue. Select "Cancel" to discard.
- The "Profile Information" module will appear. Some of your profile information may be pre-populated from your Residency or Fellowship application.
- Review the pre-populated information for accuracy and complete the remaining portions of your profile. Note: All fields denoted by an "i" inscribed within a red circle are required.
- Upload a photo by selecting “Update” button next to "Profile Picture" and choose a photo.
- Enter "Home Airport" into corresponding field. This will activate Thalamus travel coordination features.
- Once all required information has been entered, the "Finalize Profile" button will illuminate.
- Select "Finalize Profile" to create your profile or Select "Cancel" to discard.
Note: You will be able to edit your profile information at any time after registration by following the Editing your Applicant User Profile guide.