Programs can create a calendar event for each interview day or session they host. There can be multiple events added on a single day.
NOTE: Applicants can only sign up for one calendar event per interview type, which the exception of social events.
Creating a Calendar Event
- Access your program calendar by selecting “Calendar” from the upper menu bar.
- Use the arrows in the upper left-hand corner to scroll between months to locate your interview day.
- Select the “Add Event” button in the upper left-hand corner. Alternatively, you may click on the box that corresponds to your interview date.
- The “Create Event” menu will appear.
- Select the Event Type from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a title in the corresponding field.
Note: Titles are standardized on the applicant side of the platform (listing your program by name and specialty), so this title is for program-user convenience and will not be seen by applicants.
- Enter the event time by typing into the field or using up/down arrows.
- Enter the location in the corresponding field (this is optional)
- Slots are inputted in the “Track/Tier Distribution Setup.” If the slots are not showing, select the down arrow at the right to expand the module.
Visit our Creating/Editing your Program Profile guide to set up Tracks, and our Tiering Applicants on your Applicant Dashboard and Assigning Applicant Tracks on your Applicant Dashboard guides for setting up Applicant Tiers and Tracks.
- The "Tracks/ Tiers" matrix will appear with “Tiers” along the top and “Tracks” along the left side.
- If an interview day repeats over a series of weeks, you can use the “Repeat Weekly”. This will create an interview day on the same day of the week for an assigned interval of time. To turn this feature on, slide the radio button in the corresponding row to the right.
- Select the days of the week for the event to repeat by clicking on the corresponding squares in the row. When selected, the circles will fill teal in color.
- Select the ending date by clicking on the calendar icon in the “Repeat Until” row. Use the calendar that appears to select your end date.
- To add a description to the interview date, enter the desired information into the "Event Description" box at the bottom of the "Create Event" screen.
- Text may be formatted using the formatting toolbar.
Note: Applicants will be able to see the description when signing up for interview dates. You will also be able to view the description on your calendar after clicking on an interview date.
- To add documents, click the “Add Attachments" button. This will open the module to select your attachments by browsing your computer for the file. Select "upload", locate the file and click “Open.” It will instantly be attached to this interview date for applicants to view.
Note: Attachments are only viewable by applicants once signed up for a date, the rest of the description is visible regardless of whether or not applicant is signed up.
- Thalamus is equipped with “Private/Hidden Events.” This is a feature specifically designed to accommodate an interview date that you wish to remain private/hidden from your general applicant pool. Applicants will not see the event on their Thalamus calendar unless you have manually scheduled them for this event.
Visit our Manually Scheduling an Applicant for Interview or Waitlist guide for more information.
- Once all of your information has been entered and confirmed, select “Save” to create your interview date(s). To discard the event, select “Cancel” or click outside of the “Create Event” box.
Note: The “Save” button will be inactivated until all required fields are completed.
- Once confirmed, your interview date(s) will appear on your calendar. Private events will be designated by a green outline (as shown below).