Thalamus allows program users to build customized scoring algorithms to utilize during the virtual interview, or after an in-person interview. Setting up a scoring algorithm allows your interviewers to score applicants directly in Thalamus.
Visit our Scoring an Applicant guide to learn more about Scoring Applicants.
1. The “Score/Rank” dashboard may be accessed by selecting “Score” in the upper menu bar.
2. Select “Scoring Algorithm.” From this step, you can take the following actions:
- Build or Edit Scoring Algorithms
- Build or Edit Scoring Categories
- Change Ranking Settings
3. To build a new Scoring Algorithm, select "+ Create Algorithm" on the upper right hand corner of the Scoring Algorithm tab.
4. To edit or delete an existing Scoring Algorithm, select the desired option from the "Actions" column.
5. From either step, the "Create" or "Edit" Scoring Algorithm module will appear.
6. The following can be updated while creating or editing any Scoring Algorithm:
- The Algorithm Name
- The type of Algorithm (Interview or Overall Score).
Interview Score: This type of score does not impact the automatic rank list.
Overall score: This type of score will impact where your applicants fall on the automatic rank list
- Default Algorithm (Allows you to set 1 Default score that appears first on any score card)
- Add or Remove scoring categories from this Scoring Algorithm
- Change the weights of any category from this Scoring Algorithm (must equal 100%).
7. To save your changes, select the "Save" button. To cancel your changes, select the "Cancel" button.
8. To build or edit Scoring categories, select "Scoring categories" from the tab at the top of the page.
9. To add a new category, select the blue "+" next to any category name.
To delete a category, select the red "x" next to the category you want to delete.
To change the name of the category, type into the text box for any desired category.
Note: Editing or deleting a scoring category may impact the score of any applicant who has already been scored with this category.
10. To save your changes, select the "Save" button. To cancel your changes, select the "Cancel" button.
11. To change your Ranking Settings, select the "Ranking Settings" tab from the top of the screen.
12. From here, you can change the logic for the rank list:
Regular Rank Type: The rank list is ordered so that the highest rank (i.e. rank #1) is provided to the applicant with the highest overall score.
Golf Rank Type: The rank list is ordered so that the highest rank (i.e. rank #1) is provided to the applicant with the lowest overall score.
13. To change the Rank list Type, select the "Edit" button on the right corner of the page.
14. Select the desired Rank type from the drop down box.
15. To save your changes, select the "Save" button. To cancel your changes, select the "Cancel" button.
Note: Making this change will apply to the entire automatic rank list immediately. Applicants who were manually ranked will not change.