Thalamus allows program users to build customized scoring algorithms to utilize during the virtual interview, or after an in-person interview. Setting up a scoring algorithm allows your interviewers to score applicants directly in Thalamus.
1. The “Score/Rank” dashboard may be accessed by selecting “Score” in the upper menu bar.
2. Select “Scoring Algorithm.”
3. Select the (+) sign in the upper left-hand corner. Select “Customize Scoring Algorithm".
4. The “Create Scoring Algorithm” module will appear.
5. In the “SCORING ALGORITHM NAME” data field, enter a title.
6. Next, in the “ALGORITHM SETUP” field, select the (+) button to add a Scoring Category.
7. Select the drop-down arrow to Select Category from a list.
8. Or select Add New Category from the drop-down menu to create a new category.
9. The “Create Scoring Category” module will appear. Type in the title of a scoring category that will be present in your algorithm. The category name should describe a fact or attribute of an applicant which will help you decide their rank (i.e. Professionalism, Interpersonal Skills, Medical Knowledge, etc).
10. To finalize this category name, select the “SAVE” button. To cancel this process, select “CANCEL” or click anywhere outside of the box.
11. The new category title will then populate the first category label box
12. Repeat steps to add category labels into your algorithm Note: these category labels will save in the drop-down list for further use.
13. Enter weights for each category by typing the number in the box or using the arrow keys that appear. For example, if you would like "Professionalism" to be worth 50% of the applicant score, enter "50" into the weight field. Note: The sum of all weights must be 100%.
14 . Select the “Algorithm Type” by selecting the drop-down arrow. Choose from "Interview Score" or "Overall Score". Note: Only the overall score will have an impact on the rank list.
15. To finalize this algorithm, select the “SAVE” button. To cancel this process, select “CANCEL” or click anywhere outside of the box.
16. The created algorithm will then appear on your “Scoring Algorithm Creator” as shown, listing “Algorithm Name,” “Scoring Type,” as well as the categories include in the algorithms with their corresponding weights.
17. The algorithm may be edited by selecting the “pencil” icon.
18. The algorithm may be deleted by selecting the “X” icon.
19. Selecting the “Scoring Categories” tab will list all scoring categories used in algorithm creation.
20. These categories may be edited or deleted. New categories may be added by selecting the “+” button. Should you change the title of a category through the edit feature, that title will be updated in each algorithm within which that category is used.
21. Categories can be deleted by clicking on the "x", only if a category has not already been assigned to a scoring algorithm.
22. An error message will appear on the top right corner of the screen: "Unable to delete scoring category already assigned to scoring algorithm. To delete this category, please remove from or delete algorithm."
23. This process may be repeated to create additional scoring algorithms.
Visit our Scoring an Applicant guide to learn more about Scoring Applicants.