There are two types of messages you can send through Thalamus:
Emails: sent through your default email client (e.g. Microsoft Outlook). These messages will come directly from your email address and may be responded to like regular email. However, these messages will not be tracked in the Thalamus email log.
Templates: sent through Thalamus. These messages will be sent by email@example.com and cannot be replied to. However, they will be tracked in the Thalamus email log.
To send an email or template to a single or group of applicants, navigate to your Applicant Dashboard.
To send an email:
1. Select the applicants you are contacting using the checkbox next to the applicant photo/name. Select “Actions” → “Send Email.”
2. Your default email client (e.g. Microsoft Outlook) will open with the applicant(s) email address(es) pre-populated into the Bcc recipient box. Follow any steps you would take to send a regular email.
To send a template:
1. Select the applicants you are contacting using the checkbox next to the applicant photo/name. Select “Actions” → “Send Template”
2. The “Send Template” module will appear. It will list the applicants who will receive the template.
3. Select the email template to send. In this case, we have selected “Test Template”. Visit our guide Managing/ Editing Automatic Email Templates to manage your templates.
4. Choose the “SEND” button to send the template to your applicant list. To cancel this process, select “CANCEL” or click anywhere outside of the box.
Visit our Viewing Thalamus Email Log guide for information on viewing sent templates.