The Thalamus rank list can be used to view and create a program rank list. Applicants must have at least one "Overall Score" entered to be added to the rank list. Visit our Scoring an Applicant guide for information on scoring.
- Only those applicants who have been assigned an “Overall Score” will appear on this list. As additional applicants are assigned an “Overall Score” they will be added to the rank list.
Up to 100 applicants can be viewed on a rank list page.
- Each user role has different access to the rank list or applicant rank numbers.
Role Type Edit Rank List View Rank List View Rank Number Program Administrator Program Coordinator Program Director Faculty Interviewer - - Program Resident - - - Program Fellow - - -
Viewing and Modifying the Rank List
- To access the rank list, select “Score” from the upper menu bar.
- Select “Applicant Rank List.”
- The “Applicant Rank List” will appear, listing applicants in rank order.
The rank list can be set to display a maximum of one hundred applicants on one page at a time and provide applicant data by either list view or tile card view.
To toggle between List View and Tile Card View:
- Select the view preferred by toggling between these two icons.
- Modify how many applicants are displayed on a page by typing in any number 0-100 or toggling the arrows up and down to the preferred number.
Automatic vs. Manual Ranking
- Automatic - Applicants are arrange in order of their total average overall score (i.e. the applicant with the highest overall score is ranked #1).
- Manual - Allows programs to override the automatic rank and reorder the applicant to another rank manually.
By default, applicants will be set as "Automatic Rank" and will place the applicants in order based on their total "Overall" score. Programs can change the rank of an applicant by manually ranking them or through drag and drop (see below).
- Click on the applicant “Rank”
- In the Applicant Rank window, check off "Set manually".
- Enter the rank number to be assigned.
- Click "Save".
- The applicant will now be set as "Manual Rank" and be ranked at the number manually assigned. Note: The applicant will remain at this rank number unless manually changed again. It will not automatically move up and down based on other applicant rank changes.
- Applicant Olive Lobe was automatically assigned to "Automatic Rank" and ranked number two.
- Olive Lobe was then assigned to "Manual Rank" and assigned rank number four.
- Olive Love - moved from rank 2 to 4 after manually being assigned.
- Christopher Amygdala - was previously manually assigned to rank 3 and did not move.
- Felix Cerebellum - moved from rank 4 to 2 since he was the next applicant set as "Automatic Rank".
There are many additional rank list features to allow for flexible viewing, exporting, and ranking of applicants.
Drag and Drop
The rank list allows you to easily drag and drop applicants to the preferred ranking.
Access Applicant Scores and Notes
The rank list provides programs easy access to each applicants scores and notes. These features can be viewed by following these steps:
- Click the "document" icon to access notes on a particular applicant. Notes can be edited or added on this screen.
- Click on the “Overall Score” number to open “Scoring Module.” Scores may be edited or modified as described in the Scoring an Applicant guide. Program users who input score, as well as other information regarding applicant score will be accessible in this module.
Export Rank List
Rank Lists can be exported at any time. The rank list will export all applicants listed on the rank list to an excel sheet; information exported will include:
- Applicant First Name
- Applicant Last Name
- Applicant Email
- Medical School
- Interview Total Score
- Total Overall Score
To export the rank list:
- Click the "Export" button on the upper left-hand corner.
- Select "Confirm" on the Export Applicants window.
- Your list will be exported in CSV format.
- The file will export/download to your computer containing your finalized rank list. This file (in CSV form) may be uploaded to the NRMP as needed (Please consult information from NRMP for further instructions). This process may be repeated, as needed (i.e. after updates to the rank list).