Thalamus features two types of Waitlists. Users can switch between Waitlist types depending on your program’s needs and requirements for Waitlist management.
Pooled (Traditional) Waitlist:
- All applicants on list are emailed when a spot opens.
- First-come, first-served for sign up.
Ordered Waitlist :
- Applicants are listed in order of sign up.
- Program has full control to reorder list.
- Applicants are emailed one at a time when a spot opens.
- If no sign up within time interval, next applicant is notified.
Note: The section below will focus on implementation of the Ordered Waitlist:
- On the “Program” page → select “Set Waitlist Type”. The “Set Waitlist Type” module will appear. Select "Edit".
- In “Waitlist Type” dropdown, change selection from “Pooled” to “Ordered”
- In “Waitlist Email Interval” field, input the amount of time (in hours) you would like to give individual candidates the ability to sign up for an open Waitlist position. If the candidate does not sign up for an open position within this period of time, the next person on the list will be contacted.
- To confirm changes, select “Save”. To discard changes, select “Cancel."
- To set the Waitlist order for a particular date, go to the “Calendar” page and click on the desired date → “View Details”
- In the “Details” module, click on the down arrow on the "Waitlist" line to display the Waitlist. Candidates will be ranked from 1 (next to be offered a position) to X. Candidates may be reordered by dragging and dropping them into the desired position. By default, they will be in the “Waiting” status.
- Once a position opens on the interview date, the candidate’s status will be changed to “Emailed,” meaning they will have received the “Waitlist Opening Notification – Ordered” template as shown on the email page. They will have X number of hours to secure the spot before the next candidate on the list is offered the position. The candidates remaining in the “Waiting” status will be renumbered accordingly.
NOTE: for instructions on Editing Email templates, review our Managing/ Editing Automatic Email Templates guide.
- To have your Waitlist skip a specific candidate (i.e. they can’t make it or they were offered the position in error), the “Cancel Slot Access” button can be used to move the candidate to the bottom of the list and offer the spot to the next candidate. NOTE: This candidate will not receive notification of the spot removal, so they may arrive to a full calendar.
- If a candidate does not respond within the assigned interval, that candidate will be assigned a status of “Missed Window” and the position will be offered to the next person on the list who meets the proper criteria/permissions.
- To add a "Missed Window" candidate back to the Waitlist, select the “Reactivate” button. That candidate will be added onto the Waitlist and can be reordered to the desired position by the drag/drop function.