IMPORTANT: If you are using CORTEX to review and select applicants for interviews, please first review these two guides to review instructions: Bulk Printing ERAS Applications - Exporting from ERAS to Cortex and Uploading Applications into Cortex. After you import your Cortex files to Thalamus, you can then go back and rerun a CSV from to ERAS to fill in any additional fields listed below.
DO NOT UPLOAD A CSV TO CORTEX
In order to upload your applicant data into Thalamus, you will need to create and export a CSV file from ERAS. This article describes the process for creating and exporting a CSV file from ERAS. If you require additional assistance, please contact the ERAS customer support team.
- Sign in to the ERAS system using your assigned username and password.
- You will be brought to the Dashboard, which will display the following at the Upper Left-Hand Corner: “’Hospital Name’ → ‘All Groups’ → ‘Specialty.’”
- As you review your applicants, select the "Selected to Interview" box if you would like to invite them
- Filter your applicants by "Selected to Interview"
- Select the “Applications Tab” at the top of the screen
- In the sub-menu directly beneath, click “Manage Filters."
- Star “Selected to Interview” by searching for it in the “System-Defined” list, or if you have already made it a “User-Defined” or “Favorite,” you may click on “Selected to Interview” from those lists respectively.
You may also click on the “Selected to Interview” filter on your Dashboard (if previously made one of your favorites) and appearing in the “Favorite Filters” box (see above graphic).
8. Click on the “Selected to Interview” filter through any of the methods described above.
9. A list of applicants will appear. Select all applicants on this list by checking the box in the upper left-hand corner adjacent to “Applicant Name.” Check marks will appear next to all selected applicants’ names and all rows will turn blue.
10. In the “Select a bulk action” drop down menu in the lower right-hand corner of the screen, select “CSV export.” Click "Go".
11. A “CSV Templates” menu will appear with some predefined templates. Select “Edit CSV Exports”.
This will bring up a page called “Exports”
12. In the Exports screen, click the green plus sign in the upper left-hand corner, adjacent to “Add a new export template.”
13. Fill in the box “CSV Export Name,” with a suitable title for this CSV file.
Important: You will now be able to choose the fields you wish to include in your CSV exports. Your program has the ability to choose what information it wishes to export out of ERAS and upload into Thalamus. The 5 following fields are required when uploading into Thalamus:
- “AAMC ID”
- “First Name”
- “Last Name”
"AAMC ID" should always be for your first selection. This will result in a smoother data export from ERAS.
Thalamus currently supports the following 44 data fields when exporting from ERAS. We recommend you use all available data fields, as it will maximize the user experience for both your program, and your applicants.
Personal: (Fields in blue are mandatory)
- AAMC ID
- First Name
- Last Name
- Preferred Name
- Preferred Phone
- Cell Phone #
- Date of Birth
- Hobbies and Interests
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Alpha Omega Alpha (Yes/No)
- Contact Address 1
- Contact Address 2
- Contact City
- Contact Country
- Contact State
- Contact Zip
- Birth Place
- USMLE ID
- NRMP ID
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Gold Humanism Honor Society (Yes/No)
- Self Identity
- Permanent Country
- US or Canadian Applicant
- Current Visa Status
- Participating as a Couple in NRMP
- Couples - Partner Name
- Couples - Partner Specialty
- Higher Education Degree
- Medical School of Graduation
- Medical School Country
- Medical School Type
- Medical Degree
- USMLE Step 1 Score
- USMLE Step 2 CK Score
- USMLE Step 2 CS Score
- USMLE Step 3 Score
- COMLEX-USA Level 1 Score
- COMLEX-USA Level 2 CE Score
- COMLEX-USA Level 2 PE Score
- COMLEX-USA Level 3 Score
We will continue to add additional fields to best support our users’ needs. To request the inclusion of additional data fields in Thalamus, please contact our technical support by clicking on the “?” at the bottom right-hand corner of any Thalamus page.
14. Make sure the “Type of data to export” box, contains the title “Personal.” Below it, you will find two boxes, one labeled “Available Fields” and another labeled “Fields to Export.”
15. In the “Available Fields” box locate the value “AAMC ID,” click on this value. The “AAMC ID” field will become highlighted in blue.
16. Click the → arrow to move the value into the “Fields to Export” box.
17. Repeat this step to include all mandatory fields and the remaining data fields in this category listed above. You will be able to review any fields selected will be listed in the “Fields to Export” box.
18. Click the down arrow in the box labeled “Type of data to export,” click on “Education” in that list to select that value. From the “Available Fields” box click on “Medical School of Graduation”, which will be highlighted in blue. Click the → arrow to move the value into the “Fields to Export” box. Repeat this step to include the remaining fields listed in this category above.
19. Click the down arrow in the box labeled “Type of data to export,” click on “Exams/Licenses/Certifications” from this list. Click on the “USMLE Step 1 Score” so that it is highlighted in blue. Click the → arrow to move the value into the “Fields to Export” box. Repeat this process for the remaining fields listed in this category above.
20. By the time you complete this step, all forty-four (44) fields should be listed in the “Fields to Export” box. Review this list to ensure that all mandatory and desired fields have been selected.
21. Once your selection is reviewed and confirmed, click on the green “Save & Run” button at the bottom right of the page.
22. A “Print Request” box will appear with the message “Your CSV report was scheduled.”
23. You may then download/export your CSV file to your computer. Your newly created file will appear in the “CSV Export” box at the lower right corner.
24. Click the blue “complete” button. The CSV file will download and appear at the bottom of your screen.
25. Click the file to open it in Microsoft Excel or a similar spreadsheet program.
26. Save the file to your computer (we recommend saving to your desktop).
Note: Do not change any of the structure of this file or edit this file in any capacity.