IMPORTANT: If you are using CORTEX to review and select applicants for interviews, please first review these two guides to review instructions: Bulk Printing ERAS Applications - Exporting from ERAS to Cortex, Uploading Applications into Cortex. After you import your Cortex files to Thalamus, you can then go back and rerun a CSV from to ERAS to fill in any additional fields listed below.
DO NOT UPLOAD A CSV TO CORTEX
In order to upload your applicant data into Thalamus, you will need to create and export a CSV file from ERAS. This article describes the process for creating and exporting a CSV file from ERAS. If you require additional assistance, please contact the ERAS customer support team.
Create a New Export Template
To create a new Export template, follow the below steps:
- Click on Applications in the header, then "Exports"
- On the Exports tab, click the Add Export Template link.
- Type a name for the template in the CSV Export Name box.
- Select Type of data to export from the drop-down.
- The type of data selected controls the fields listed in the Available Fields box.
- Drag any "Available Fields" to the "Fields to Export" box. The fields can be dragged up and down to any order you wish.
- To remove a field, drag the field back to the "Available Fields" box.
- Click the Run button at the bottom of the page and select "Save & Run"
- The export will then be saved in the list and be able to be applied to any group of filtered applicants.
IMPORTANT: See the Thalamus supported fields below for what fields should be included on the CSV.
Filtering Applicants & Selecting Applicants to Invite
We suggest only importing the applicants you wish to invite to an interview into Thalamus.
Programs not using Cortex to review and select applicants to invite should review and select the applicants they wish to invite prior to importing into Thalamus. Bulk Actions can be performed after applying a filter and selecting one or more applicants.
Note: At least one applicant must be selected to view the Bulk Actions dropdown list
Exporting a CSV Using Bulk Actions
- CSV exports are part of the Bulk Actions
- When reviewing applicants to select for interviewing, select the "Selected to Interview" box if you would like to invite them
- Filter your applicants by "Selected to Interview" by selecting the quick link to the left or by selecting Applications, then Filters to select the filter you wish to apply.
- In the “Select a bulk action” drop down menu in the lower right-hand corner of the screen, select “CSV export.”
- In the Bulk Print Requests, click the Download status link on the line next to the requested time.
- When prompted, download the CSV file.
Selecting ERAS Fields for CSV Template
Important: Select fields you wish to include in your CSV exports. Your program has the ability to choose what information it wishes to export out of ERAS and upload into Thalamus. The following fields are required when uploading into Thalamus:
- “AAMC ID”
- “First Name”
- “Last Name”
"AAMC ID" should always be for your first selection. This will result in a smoother data export from ERAS.
Thalamus currently supports the following data fields when exporting from ERAS. We recommend you use all available data fields, as it will maximize the user experience for both your program, and your applicants.
Personal: (Fields in blue are mandatory)
- AAMC ID
- First Name
- Last Name
- Sex or Gender (either is acceptable) * data on your CSV must reflect "Man", "Woman" or "Another Gender Identity" or "Decline to Answer" in order to be imported.
- Preferred Name
- Preferred Pronouns
- Preferred Phone
- Cell Phone #
- Date of Birth
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Alpha Omega Alpha (Yes/No)
- Contact Address 1
- Contact Address 2
- Contact City
- Contact Country
- Contact State
- Contact Zip
- Birth Place
- USMLE ID
- NRMP ID
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Gold Humanism Honor Society (Yes/No)
- Sigma Sigma Phi
- Sigma Sigma Phi (Yes/No)
- Self Identify
- Permanent Country
- Graduate of US or Canadian Medical School
- Current Visa Status (now Visa Sponsorship Needed
- Participating as a Couple in NRMP
- Couples - Partner Name
- Couples - Partner Specialty
- Authorized to Work in the US
- Basis for Work Authorization
- Military Branch
- Language Fluency
- Medical School of Graduation
- Medical School Country
- Medical School Type
- Medical Degree
- Higher Education Degree
- Explanation of why Medical Education or Training Interrupted
- Medical Degree Expected or Earned
- Medical Education or Training Interrupted
- Medical School Attendance Dates
- Medical School Clinical Campus
- Medical School State/Province
- Medical School Degree Date of Graduation
- USMLE Step 1 Score
- USMLE Step 2 CK Score
- USMLE Step 2 CS Score
- USMLE Step 3 Score
- COMLEX-USA Level 1 Score
- COMLEX-USA Level 2 CE Score
- COMLEX-USA Level 2 PE Score
- COMLEX-USA Level 3 Score
- Medical Training Program
- Medical Training Discipline
- Medical Training Type
- Medical Training State
- Medical Training Start Date
- Medical Training End Date
Division Preference Description
Setting Preference Description
Other Impactful Experiences
We will continue to add additional fields to best support our users’ needs. To request the inclusion of additional data fields in Thalamus, please contact our technical support by clicking on the “?” at the bottom right-hand corner of any Thalamus page.