Thalamus Virtual Interview is a web based video platform integrated into the Thalamus scheduler. Programs may choose to use Thalamus Virtual Interview for their interview days. This guide provides instructions on accessing and joining any interview sessions hosted on the Thalamus Virtual Interview platform.
We strongly encourage all users to test out the video chat system at any time prior to their scheduled day. Instructions can be found here on Testing the Virtual Interview Platform Prior to Your Interview Dates
Access Your Interview Day Itinerary
- Log into Thalamus
- Select the "Schedule" and then "My Schedule" to view the scheduled interview sessions.
- Navigate to the correct interview session by selecting the interview session on the left navigation menu or by using the arrows at the top of the page
- If you are scheduled for multiple interview sessions on the same day, you will see multiple rows within the page. The following is accessible within each row
- Itinerary session information including name, time, and date
- Applicant information that will include Applicant Name, Medical School, AAMC ID and Email
- If a Thalamus virtual interview session has been scheduled, you will see the "Join Meeting" button. Click "Join Meeting" to enter the virtual interview session.
If a 3rd party Video Chat Software (Zoom, Teams, or WebEx) is being used instead, the link will appear here and you will be taken to the appropriate 3rd party software site.
- Program Users have the options to add notes and scores directly from this screen for that specific applicant. If any documents have been uploaded for the applicant, you will see "View PDF"
- Applicants can be filtered by "scored" and "unscored" by toggling between the buttons in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
Access the Thalamus Video Chat Platform
Note: The preferred browser for using the Thalamus Virtual Interview platform is Chrome (however Edge and Safari may also be used).
- A new tab will open in your browser.
- In the new tab, you will be taken to the Join Meeting page where you will be able to select and save the camera and microphone settings.
- You must save your camera and microphone settings to join your first meeting. These settings will be saved locally on your device and browser, and you will be able to join subsequent meetings without reselecting camera and microphone settings.
Note: The camera and microphone settings are saved only locally. The settings will only be saved and automatically applied if meetings are joined from the same device and browser.
From this screen, you can also select to Mirror your Video.
Navigating the Thalamus Video Chat
- Once in the Virtual Interview room, you have access to the following features at the top of the screen:
- Session Type: Provides the interview session type name to all attendees
- Network Signal Status: This helps you identify if your signal strength is poor. If you are experiencing poor video or audio quality, you may have poor network signal strength. We recommend switching to another network with a strong signal.
- Chat: A public text chat box that you can use to chat publicly with other attendees.
- Participants: This allows you to see the list of participants currently in the room. It will be divided into to sections, Interviewers and Applicants
Interview Panel: The Interview Panel will provide you with a snapshot of each applicant of those attending the same session(s) as you are in. The panel will provide you with:
- A headshot (if applicable) and specific applicant information (chosen by Program Leadership)
- Scoring module that allow you to take private notes and document scores for applicants in your video chat. This information can only be seen by you (and your Program Leadership).
- Access any documents uploaded for the applicant
- If there are multiple candidates attending the same session, interviewers and program staff have the ability to toggle through the applicants using the arrows at the top.
- Interviewer Profile: Selecting the drop-down arrow next to your interviewer photo will allow you to edit your profile information such as preferred pronouns.
- Along the bottom of the screen, you have access to the following features:
- View Meeting Details: Confirm which session you have joined, how much time is remaining in the room, the video chat link, and the dial in number.
Meeting Controls: Turn your microphone and video on and off, change the source of your audio or video through the settings module, or leave the video chat through the Hang Up button.
- Program users with the role of Program Director, Administrator, or Coordinator may choose to mute all participants in the room. P
- If a program user has muted all participants, a banner will be present at the top of the screen that states “The presenter has chosen to mute all participants.
- Participants have the ability to unmute themselves by clicking the "Microphone" icon at the bottom of the video screen or within in the Participants panel.
- Share: Share your screen or an application through the share screen feature.
Change Layout: Choose from multiple attendee layout views based on your preference. These layout view changes apply only to you.
Dynamic - Displays attendees in a dynamic view based on the number of attendees in the video room. Also highlights the active speaker with a blue border around their video.
Spotlight - Highlights the active speaker in the main view, while minimizing other attendees.
Presenter - Highlights the active speaker in the main view, while presenting the other attendees in a scrolling vertical bar on the right-hand side.
Grid - Shows all attendees within the meeting in a grid format.
Filmstrip - Shows all attendees within a row mimicking a filmstrip, displaying the active speaker in the main view.
- Once your Applicant or another Interviewer joins the room, you will see their video on your screen. As more participants join the room, the videos will resize to accommodate multiple users.
- If there are no other users in the room, you will see a notification: "There is no one else currently in this room. Once another individual joins they will appear here."
- If you should accidentally leave the interview room before you have finished, you can return to the room via the steps used to previously access the room.
- When the interview is complete, select the phone "hang up" icon to end the meeting and return to the itinerary page.
- To move to your next interview, repeat the steps at the beginning of this guide.
When you are done with your interview, you MUST Select the phone "hang up" icon to end the meeting.
Note: The program coordinator or admin may use the virtual knock or notification message to inform that an interview is ending and/or over. An automatic knock message will appear when there are exactly five minutes remaining in the session.