- Thalamus Virtual Interview: The Thalamus video platform that allows interviewers expanded integration of the interview experience into the Thalamus Core.
- External Virtual Interview: links for virtual interviews through 3rd party interview platforms can be manually added into your itineraries.
Before accessing the Virtual Interview Platform, an Itinerary and interview session must be created. Visit our Building Applicant Itineraries and Event Sessions guide for more information.
For information on testing our Virtual Interview platform, visit our Testing the Virtual Interview Platform Prior to Your Interview Dates guide.
1. Select the "Schedule" and then "My Schedule" to view the scheduled interview sessions. You will only see sessions where you are scheduled as "Faculty".
2. Navigate to the correct interview session by using the arrows or by selecting the interview session on the menu on the left side of the page.
3. You can also sort sessions by "Scored" and "Unscored" if using the Thalamus scoring system.
4. If you are scheduled for multiple interview sessions on the same day, you will have multiple events listed with different times, types, and Applicant information. Choose the event that you would like to join.
5. If a Thalamus virtual interview session has been scheduled, you will see the "Join Meeting" button. Select this button to join the meeting.
6. A new tab will open in your browser. Note: The preferred browser for using the Thalamus Virtual Interview platform is Chrome.
7. In the new tab, you will be prompted to re-enter your Thalamus log in information.
7a. When interviewers click "Join Interview" they are immediately added into the session. Note: if you are an interviewer after step 7, you go to step 10.
7b. When Program Admins/Coordinators/Directors click on the button, it goes through the flow mention in 8 downward
8. Program Admins/Coordinators/Directors, your interview sessions will be listed in 3 tabs:
If you are unable to find the session you are looking for, select the "Upcoming" tab.
9. Once you have found the correct interview session, click the numerical link listed under the "Room Name" column to enter the Virtual Interview.
10. You will be taken to the Join Meeting page where you will be able to select and save the camera and microphone settings. You must save your camera and microphone settings to join a meeting.
11. Once in the Virtual Interview room, you have access to the following features at the top of the screen:
- Room Number, Dial-in, and Pin code: Allows you to dial-in to the meeting via phone, no camera required
- Layout: Allows you to change the video layout to highlight the dominant speaker. Recommended for Group meeting rooms.
- Share: Allows you to share your screen. When Sharing your screen, choose "Application Window" to avoid sharing your Virtual Interview Screen.
- IMPORTANT: You can stream or share a video through the share screen, but you cannot share sound. We recommend sending the video link through email for the candidates to access on their own device.
- Chat: A text chat room used to communicate with other users in the room.
- Settings: Allows you to change the webcam and microphone.
- Notes: Used to take notes about your interview. Cannot be seen by the other users in the room. The notes taken here will be published to the notes section of the Applicant dashboard, where they can be reviewed by other program users. If there are two or more applicants in the room, you will be able to choose the applicant from a drop-down menu.
- Log out: to remove yourself from the interview. It is recommended to use the Red Phone "Hang Up" button at the bottom of the screen to ensure a full disconnection.
12. Along the bottom of the screen, you can:
- Turn your microphone on/off
- Turn your camera on/off
- "Hang up" the call using the red phone icon. RECOMMENDED.
- Change your microphone or webcam through the settings
- Track the amount of time spent in this interview
13. Once your Applicant or another Interviewer joins the room, you will see their video on your screen. As more participants join the room, the videos will resize to accommodate multiple users.
14. If there are no other users in the room, you will see a notification: "There is no one else currently in this room. Once another individual joins they will appear here."
15. If you should accidentally leave the interview room before you have finished, you can return to the room via the steps used to previously access the room.
16. When you are done with your interview, you MUST Select the phone "hang up" icon to end the meeting.
17. Note: The program coordinator or admin may use the virtual knock or notification message to inform that an interview is ending and/or over.
18. To move to your next interview, follow the steps at the beginning of this guide.