- Thalamus Virtual Interview: The Thalamus video platform that allows interviewers expanded integration of the interview experience into the Thalamus Core.
- External Virtual Interview: links for virtual interviews through 3rd party interview platforms can be manually added into your itineraries.
Before accessing the Virtual Interview Platform, an Itinerary and interview session must be created. Visit our Building Applicant Itineraries and Event Sessions guide for more information.
For information on testing our Virtual Interview platform, visit our Testing the Virtual Interview Platform Prior to Your Interview Dates guide.
1. Select the "Schedule" and then "My Schedule" to view the scheduled interview sessions. You will only see sessions where you are scheduled as "Faculty".
2. Navigate to the correct interview session by using the arrows or by selecting the interview session on the menu on the left side of the page.
3. You can also sort sessions by "Scored" and "Unscored" if using the Thalamus scoring system.
4. If you are scheduled for multiple interview sessions on the same day, you will have multiple events listed with different times, types, and Applicant information. Choose the event that you would like to join.
5. If a Thalamus virtual interview session has been scheduled, you will see the "Join Meeting" button. Select this button to join the meeting.
6. A new tab will open in your browser. Note: The preferred browser for using the Thalamus Virtual Interview platform is Chrome.
7. In the new tab, you will be prompted to re-enter your Thalamus log in information.
7a. When interviewers click "Join Interview" they are immediately added into the session. Note: if you are an interviewer after step 7, you go to step 10.
7b. When Program Admins/Coordinators/Directors click on the button, it goes through the flow mention in 8 downward
8. Program Admins/Coordinators/Directors, your interview sessions will be listed in 3 tabs:
If you are unable to find the session you are looking for, select the "Upcoming" tab.
9. Once you have found the correct interview session, select the numerical link listed under the "Room Name" column or Select the "Join" button to enter the Virtual Interview.
10. You will be taken to the Join Meeting page where you will be able to select and save the camera and microphone settings.
You must save your camera and microphone settings to join a meeting. From this screen, you can also select to Mirror your Video.
11. Once in the Virtual Interview room, you have access to the following features at the top of the screen:
- Network Signal Status: This helps you identify if your signal strength is poor. If you are experiencing poor video or audio quality, you may have poor network signal strength. We recommend switching to another network with a strong signal.
- Participants: This allows you to see the list of participants currently in the room.
- Chat: A public text chat box that you can use to connect with other attendees.
- Whiteboard: Allows you to draw and demonstrate information via an electronic whiteboard to the rest of the attendees.
- Scoring & Notes: The Thalamus Scoring and Notes module, where you can take private notes and document scores for applicants in your video chat. This information can only be seen by you.
12. Along the bottom of the screen, yo u have access to the following features:
- View Meeting Details: Confirm which session you have joined, how much time is remaining in the room, the video chat link, and the dial in number.
- Meeting Controls: Turn your microphone and video on and off, change the source of your audio or video through the settings module, or leave the video chat through the Hang Up button.
- Share: Share your screen or an application through the share screen feature.
- Layouts: Choose from multiple attendee layout views based on your preference. These layout view changes apply only to you.
13. Once your Applicant or another Interviewer joins the room, you will see their video on your screen. As more participants join the room, the videos will resize to accommodate multiple users.
14. If there are no other users in the room, you will see a notification: "There is no one else currently in this room. Once another individual joins they will appear here."
15. If you should accidentally leave the interview room before you have finished, you can return to the room via the steps used to previously access the room.
16. When you are done with your interview, you MUST Select the phone "hang up" icon to end the meeting.
17. Note: The program coordinator or admin may use the virtual knock or notification message to inform that an interview is ending and/or over.
18. To move to your next interview, follow the steps at the beginning of this guide.