Congratulations on being invited to interview for a Residency or Fellowship. This guide will help you schedule your interviews through Thalamus.
1) You will receive an email from a program that invites you to interview. This email will also include a link to join Thalamus, or a link to log into Thalamus (if you are an existing user).
2) Follow that link to log into Thalamus. When you first log in, you will be directed to your personal dashboard.
3) To schedule an interview, click the "Calendar" tab. You will see a variety of interview sessions that you can join. If you use the left and right arrow buttons at the top of the screen, you can move through the months.
4) You can also use the Month/ List toggle to change the view, as well as changing the view to filter by:
5) To schedule the desired interview date, click the interview session on the calendar. A module will open up that allows you to view:
- The Time and Date of the interview
- Number of open positions on that day
- View program
- Sign up for Interview.
6) Click Sign up for Interview on your desired interview session. A new module will open asking you to confirm your choice.
7) If the program has created a survey, you will be prompted to answer the survey at the time of scheduling.
Note: You will only be able to schedule 1 Interview per day, and only 1 interview per program.
8) The interview session will now turn Blue and have a checkmark on it, indicating that you are scheduled for that day.
9) The "Confirmed Interviews" menu on the left hand side will update to reflect your new interview date.
10) If you only want to see interviews with specific programs, you can toggle the "my programs" on and off and the calendar will update accordingly.
11) If the interview date you choose is already full, you will be prompted to "Join Waitlist". You can join as many waitlists as you want. If a position becomes open on that date, you will be prompted to sign up based on how the program has created their waitlists.
12) On the bottom left hand side, you will have a menu to manage your waitlisted sessions.
13) You can cancel your interview sessions by clicking on the Interview session in the calendar, and a module will open which will allow you to "View Program" or "Cancel Interview". You can also cancel your interview through your personal dashboard.
14) Clicking "Cancel Interview" will open a module asking you to confirm your decision. As soon as you cancel the interview, your position will become open to any other Applicant on the waitlist or otherwise. Please be sure you want to cancel before taking this step.