- Login from cortexapp.thalamusgme.com
- Enter your E-mail Address and Password. Note: Cortex login information is different than your Thalamus login information.
- Click “Sign In”
- 4. Should you have any issues accessing your account, please select the “Forgot your password?” link to retrieve your password. You will be prompted to enter your email address. Follow the instructions in the email to change your password.
- To logout of Cortex (after logging in), click on your program name in the upper right hand corner -> and select “logout.”
If you have any trouble accessing your account, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uploading your applicants into your Cortex Account from ERAS
- Your program will first need to create a bulk print file of your ERAS applications.
- Click “Browse” to locate the ERAS zip folder containing your ERAS application PDFs.
- Select “Upload Files”
- Cortex will begin processing applications, the status of which will be listed in the “Upload Status” box below. Status of each application will be listed in the “Status” column. Applications in various statuses can be filtered using the menu tabs at the upper-right-hand corner of the “Upload Status Box.”
- Once your applications are finished uploading, the will appear on our “Applications Page.”
If you have any trouble uploading your PDF applications, please contact our support team at email@example.com.
Viewing and Navigating Applicant Snapshot Information in Cortex:
- Applicant information is viewed in the “Applications” tab in ERAS.
- In the default view, each applicant will be listed in a “snapshot view” defined by a white box, with accompanying characteristic information listed. This information includes:
- Candidate photo/initials. Note: Photos will only display if included in your programs PDF export/upload from ERAS. If photos are screened by your institution, they will not display. Additionally, blinders may be used to hide candidate photos and/or initials.
- Candidate Name
- Medical School
- AAMC ID
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Gold Humanism
- USMLE Scores/COMLEX Scores (where applicable). Note a red “!” mark will be shown to denote any failures/retaking of exams.
- Medical School Core Clerkship Grades. Note: Only core clerkships as defined by each medical school will be listed. Grades are listed as directly taken from the transcript. Note: If no grades are listed, “View Transcript” link, when click will take user directly to applicant transcript PDF for viewing.
- Algorithm Score (if applicable)
- Manual Score (if applicable)
- Keyword count (if applicable)
- Publication count. Note: Scrolling your mouse over the count, will provide sub counts of each publication type.
- 1st Author Publications. Note: Scrolling your mouse over the count, will provide sub counts of each type of 1st author publication.
- Notes: Allows for viewing and creation of notes on candidate à see notes section (need link)
- Timeline: Clicking view will list timeline view of candidate educational, research, volunteer and work experiences. Items may be filtered on/off by clicking on the corresponding check box next to each experience type.
- Clicking “View PDF”
- Interview statuses: Denoted by the icons under the photo/applicant initials.
- (+) = invite to interview
- (check mark) = application reviewed.
- (pause sign) = on hold
- (x) = reject
Note: These statuses denote applicant statuses. Those applicants that you will invite to interview, can be transferred into Thalamus However, interview invitations and data movement are not automatically triggered, and interview statuses may be changed at any time.
3. The filter and search bar in the teal area allows for easy navigation of the applicant list:
- Algorithm: Allows various created algorithms to be applied to filter/weight data. See algorithm scoring section for algorithm creation (need link)
- Status -> allows for filtering by interview status:
- Sort by: Allows for sorting of list by various categories as listed by title.
- Search: Allows for entering of search terms to filter list.
- Blinder mode: Allows for blinding of various data on page.
NOTE: To clear any values, delete or return selector to default/All setting.
4. Export: Allows for export of data out of Thalamus.