Programs can create custom scoring categories to score their applicants based on their application material.
This feature allows programs to create their own scoring categories and weights, to build an algorithm in which to score and review applicants.
1) Select the "Scoring" tab.
2) To add a scoring category, select the (+) sign on the left hand side of the "category" column. The first category will be provided by default.
3) Add a category into the first blank category field. These categories are items your program considers important for your reviewers to consider and evaluate (i.e. fit, professionalism, components of the ERAS application, etc.).
4) Weights are added into the denoted column. This percentage will be multiple by the eventual entered score for that category, to create a value for that scoring category.
NOTE: YOU CAN ADD ANY NUMBER OF CATEGORIES, BUT YOUR WEIGHTS MUST ALWAYS BE COMBINED AND ADD TO 100%.
5) To remove an unwanted category, select the red "x" to the right of the category row.
6) Once you have outlined all the categories and weights to be included, select the "Save Categories" button at the bottom left.
7) Once saved, the scoring categories will appear upon clicking the "Edit" button next to "Manual Score" in the "Application" snapshot view, as well as the "Scores" box on the the "View Details" applicant-specific view.