After creating and saving scoring categories by following the Creating Cortex Scoring Categories guide, applicants may be reviewed and scored via the following methods on either the Applicant Snapshot view or Applicant Details view.
1) Select the "Applications" tab at the top of the page.
2) Choose an applicant of interest. To score from the Snapshot view, select the "Edit" button next to "Manual Score." A module will appear to allow for scoring.
3) Enter the value of the desired score into each box. A score will be calculated.
4) To save the score, select the "Save Score" button.
5) To score through the "View Details" view, select that button on the upper-right-hand side of any applicant snapshot.
6) Review the applicant details as needed to provide context to scoring criteria.
7) Note: Towards the bottom of the details page, tabs can be selected to access additional candidate information on the view details page. Tabs listing candidate information include:
- Personal Information
- Limiting Factors
The raw application can also be accessed in the links provided under the "PDF Sections" box.
8) Once the application has been reviewed, faculty and leadership can enter "Scores" in the box labeled on the right-hand-side of the page.
NOTE: Cortex scoring is built to be flexible to accommodate all programs. As such, score ranges are flexible, including a 1-5, 1-10 or 1-100 scale (or whatever scale that is preferred). Cortex will do the math and multiple these values by the weights of each category to determine the overall category score. These scores will them sum to calculate a "Total Score" as shown. We recommend providing reviewers instructions on your program's preferred scale in which to assess applicants to ensure consistency.
9) Upon assigning scores, select the "Save score" button to save the scores. Note: Scores can always be edited later on, so not all scores need to be inserted at once.
10) All saved scores will then display on the "view details" page, as well as on the applicant snapshot.