There are restrictions on Macbooks regarding the access to your device's Camera, Microphone and Screen sharing. These settings need to be updated for you to use your device with Thalamus.
To resolve the problem, go through the following sequence of steps:
- Hit ⌘-Space to bring up the Spotlight search bar, and type in System Preferences, then hit Enter
- Double-click on Security & Privacy
- Select 'Privacy' at the top
- In the scrollable box on the left, scroll down a bit and select Camera, Microphone or Screen Recording
- Make sure Google Chrome is in the list, and that it has a checkmark next to it.
- If you add a checkmark, you will be prompted to quit Google Chrome so that it gets the new setting. Confirm that it should quit. If you don't see this happen, we recommend that you reboot your computer after adding the checkmark.
- Relaunch Google Chrome and try
Additional information can be found here: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/control-access-to-your-camera-mchlf6d108da/mac