This user guide will provide further explanation and the different between Closed Events and Private Events and why a program would use them.
Closed vs Open Event Status:
Event Status - controls applicant ability to view open spots within an interview date. Once closed, events will still appear full to all applicants (including those signed up for each event), even if applicants cancel. While applicants can still cancel their interview event (as long as the event does not have a cancellation lock enabled), this feature allows programs to initially overbook events and then have applicants cancel without prompting or allowing additional applicants to auto-schedule.
- Closing an event will also disable waitlist opening notifications from being sent. In a closed status, programs still retain the ability to manually schedule, cancel and force assign applicants to an interview event.
Program users can close events in two different places:
- Program Page, under Calendar Settings
- Calendar page, under Event Details
Private/Hidden Events - are calendar events that are hidden from applicants. They will only appear on an applicant schedule, if you manually schedule an applicant to that event.
Should I use closed events or private events?
When should I use Closed Events?
- After applicants have signed up for an event, it is not full, but you cannot interview more applicants
- You want to build out some interview options as backup
- Create events that need to be released at certain times
- When you've interviewed enough applicants and don't want anyone further to schedule as applicants cancel any future interview dates. This will also pause any waitlists activity.
When should I use Private Events?
- Testing Thalamus video
- Training interviews on the platform
- Hosting rank meetings
- Hosting other internal meetings