Thalamus allows programs to manually cancel applicants from interview dates and waitlists.
- Cancel an applicant late in the season.
- Cancel an applicant after the lockout interval has been entered.
- Re-schedule an applicant to another date.
NOTE: Applicants cannot be cancelled from dates that have already passed.
Visit our Inviting Applicants to Interview guide for information on applicant invitations.
1. Navigate to your applicant dashboard by selecting “Applicants” in the upper menu bar.
2. Locate the applicant that you will manually schedule (by using the search bar in the applicant dashboard, filtering, sorting table columns, etc.)
3. Click the “triple dots” next to the applicant’s name.
4. In the menu that appears select “Cancel Interview.”
5. The “Cancel Interview for (Applicant Name)” module will appear.
6. The scheduled interview date will be displayed at the top (waitlisted dates are listed below).
7. Select the date you would like to cancel by clicking the white circle to the right of that date; a blue check mark will appear in the box confirming that selection.
8. To proceed with this cancellation, choose the “SELECT” button. To cancel this process, select “BACK” or click anywhere outside of the box.
9. The “Cancellation Confirmation” module will display the date and time of the interview being cancelled.
10. When cancelling an interview, you much choose one of two options:
- OPEN the position to other candidates to schedule on that day (if the date is full, the system will open up to the wait list).
- REMOVE that position from the interview date, decreasing the total number of positions by one.
Choose either option by clicking the check box next to the preferred option.
11. To finalize this cancellation, choose the “SELECT” button. To cancel this process, select “BACK” or click anywhere outside of the box.
12. Once completed, the applicant’s “Interview Status” will change to “CANCELED." The applicant will receive an automatic interview cancellation email.
13. To cancel a waitlist position, repeat steps 1-8.
14. In the wait list component of the “Cancel Interview for X” module, you have two options.
- Cancel ALL wait list dates, select the circle next to “WaitLists(s)".
- Cancel an applicant from a single wait list date, select the circle next to that corresponding date.
A blue check mark will appear in the box confirming next to your selection.
15. To finalize this cancellation, choose the “SELECT” button. To cancel this process, select “BACK” or click anywhere outside of the box.
Note: Applicants may also cancel wait lists through their Thalamus calendar.