In order to upload your applicant data into Thalamus, you will need to create CSV file with your applicant information.
1. From the Applicant Dashboard (which will initially appear empty with the message shown), select the “+ Import” button.
2. The “Import Applicants” module will appear.
3. Select “Choose File,” then select the desired CSV file and click “Open.” The file will begin to upload automatically.
4. Once the upload is complete, the “Applications Import Completion” module will appear displaying:
- CSV File Name
- Total Records = total number of applicant records uploaded
- Valid Records = number of valid applicant records uploaded
- Invalid Records = number of applicant records uploaded with errors
- New Records = number of new applicant records uploaded (i.e. applicants who have not been uploaded by previously program).
- Existing Records = number of existing applicant records uploaded (i.e. applicants who have been previously uploaded by program).
- “Applicant” list (numbered and with displayed name)
- “Errors” menu = will display errors preventing file from uploading. Clicking on this tab will display the errors.
- “Warnings” menu = list warning messages to users regarding the file upload that is to occur. A warning message will not prevent a file from uploading, but the user should review the message for their information.
- “Not Imported Columns” menu = lists columns in your CSV file that have not been uploaded into Thalamus. If this occurs for a field you believe is supported by Thalamus, please check your CSV file to ensure the column is labeled correctly.
5. Select “COMPLETE” to finalize the upload. If not selected, the upload will be lost. Once finalized, your applicant data will display in the applicant dashboard table.
6. To cancel this process at any time, select “CANCEL”.
Important Note: The CSV upload in Thalamus was designed to accommodate multiple CSV file uploads throughout the interview season. You may continue to add applicants to the same CSV file. Applicants from prior uploads may remain in your master CSV file.
7. Once applicant data has been uploaded onto your Applicant Dashboard, additional functionality will appear which includes:
- Select Box: Allows for bulk selection of applicants
a. All: selects all applicants on applicant dashboard.
b. Full Page: selects all applicants displayed on page of data table.
c. None: deselects all applicants on applicant dashboard.
- Column Sorter: Allows user to sort columns by clicking on teal blue headings. Rows will then be sorted in ascending/descending order by that column’s values.
- Single Applicant Selector: Check box that allows for selection of single applicants. To select applicant(s), fill check boxes that correspond to each of the desired applicant(s).
- Applicant Display Count: Provides count of applicant records being displayed.
- Page Sorter: Allows user to toggle between pages of applicants by selecting
- Previous, Next, or Individual Page Number: To navigate page to page.